Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wild Flower basket


Hi all
Well I have never put any of my quilts, either "sane" or crazy quilting in a quilt show but I am going to put this piece I made in the show we are having here in Sept.
The theme is " wildflowers". Not the wildflowers that grow but flowers made out of "wild" things. So I tye-Dyed the background a rosy pink. The basket is a Civil war brown that is printed with small flowers. It doesn't show in the picture but on each of the tiny flowers in the basket and handle I have sewn tiny brown seed beads. The flowers are made of Fabric, ribbon, Lace, thread, yarn,YoYo's, Leather ( yes I said Leather), Netting,Beads, dangles, Wood beads, Buttons, Silk Leaves, and Feathers. I hope the Judges like what I have done with their theme.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about the judges, but I really like the wild flowers! =)

Marianne S-M said...

Fabulous WILDflowers, Rebecca; how did you make out at the show?

Wendy said...

Really amazing!!! I totally love the basket and the flowers. And the attention to every single detail, such as, the tye-dye and the seed beads. That is my kind of embellishing!!!
Wendy

Lori said...

What a great flower basket! I am sure you will win with that one!
Lori